Shell Houston Open
Fantasy Golf One and Done
The One and Done format is tricky given you have to optimize each player to the best of his abilities – picking a hot hand in a tournament that fits a player’s skills better than most. We’ll do our best all year long to help you choose the right player at the right time.
The list of contenders are:
- Already used –
- Louis Oosthuizen
- Charl Schwartzel
- Phil Mickelson
- J.B. Holmes
- Saving for later –
- Sergio Garcia
- Jordan Spieth
- Rickie Fowler
- Dustin Johnson
- Final options –
- Henrik Stenson – we really like Stenson this week, though we’re hoping that we can find a way to not use him.
- Brooks Koepka – first time to Houston but he may be our way to avoid a Stenson OAD this week. He’s got a 6th course fit ranking.
- Ryan Palmer – 7th place last year and two other decent finishes. Making cuts recently but hasn’t been flashy.
- Keegan Bradley – three top 10s here with two other made cuts since 2011. Finally made a cut last week at the Arnold Palmer, so there is reason for optimism.
Our choice this week will be Brooks Koepka. Stenson is the obvious choice but we still have 7 or more tournaments where he may be a better play when the stakes are higher. Koepka has been playing well and had a nice Match Play run on a new course, so hopefully his #6 course fit will translate into a successful first try in Houston.
Players already selected in 2016:
- Patrick Reed – Hyundai TOC (2nd)
- Jimmy Walker – Sony (T-13)
- Bill Haas – CareerBuilder (T-9)
- Charles Howell III – Farmers (T-16)
- Bubba Watson – Waste Mgmt Open (T-14)
- Phil Mickelson – Pebble Beach (2nd)
- Charl Schwartzel – NTO (T-45)
- Luke Donald – Honda (T-61)
- J.B. Holmes – WGC Cadillac (T-59)
- Webb Simpson – Valspar (MC)
- Ryan Moore – Bay Hill (T-74)
- Louis Oosthuizen – Match Play (2nd)
- Scott Brown – Puerto Rico (T-5)
Shell Houston Open